Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of work do you have?

That is very diverse. For example, we have millers, turners and welders working in the metal industry. But also machine operators in engineering factories. Or woodworkers in the furniture workshop.

The common denominator in the work is that you need little to no training to be able to do the work. Are you a professional? Then there may also be options for you to work in the Dutch manufacturing industry.

View the vacancies >


What kind of company will I be working for?

You work for entrepreneurs in the manufacturing industry. For example in the metal, assembly or technology sector. This can vary from a small to a large company.

For example, think of:

  • an independent electrician or furniture maker who needs a temporary worker
  • a family business in the metal industry, which needs people for a variety of activities
  • a large company with machines, which need machine operators

The majority of these entrepreneurs 'need the hands'. The work is not difficult or complicated. But it must be done.

View the vacancies >


How does it work when you receive a vacancy?

A client informs us that he is looking for a new employee. And he lets us know what kind of person he's looking for. We prepare the vacancy. And then get to work to find the right person.

We search our database of people who have previously registered. And we will post the vacancy in our international recruitment network.

Do you want to be the first to be called when a new vacancy comes in?

Then register with Lean as a job seeker >


Suppose Lean has a job for me. And then?

Then you will be called. You will be asked if you want to take the job. And you will be told where you will be working.

Are you a labor migrant? We will also tell you where you will be living. Then we ask the question: 'when can you be in the Netherlands?'

If we know this, we will inform your new boss, make sure that there are house keys ready and we tell the inmates of your house that you are coming.

What should I definitely take with me when I arrive in the Netherlands?
  • Workwear + work shoes with steel toes
  • Passport or identity card
  • Drivers license
  • Dutch citizen service number. If you do not have a Dutch BSN number, we will request one for you when you are in the Netherlands.
  • Health insurance card if you have one
  • Bank account number, IBAN and BIC. This may also be the number of a non-Dutch account.
  • Debit card
  • Money to bridge the first two weeks
  • Smartphone if you have one. We use an app to send you the contract and pay slip. You can also ask your questions in this app.
How do I get to the Netherlands?

You arrange and pay for the trip to the Netherlands yourself. Most people come here by taxi or private car. Some go by plane.

How does it work when I arrive in the Netherlands?

You will receive the address of your place of residence. You then travel directly to your place of residence in the Netherlands. There you put your luggage and you can acclimatize.

Do you arrive in the evening or at night? Then go to sleep immediately. We will pick you up the next working day to register.

Are you arriving during office hours? Then we will pick you up the same day to register.

You register at Lean's office. We will send the contract digitally afterwards.

Is the paperwork in order? Then you get a bicycle or a car. After that, we usually look at your new workplace together. That way you know where you need to be and what it's like there. Then you go back to your place of residence. You can usually start work the next day.

Where will I live?

Most of our foreign employees live in a house. You share a room with 1 person. Sometimes with 2 people. You share a shared shower.

We have normal house rules. For example, that you leave the communal areas that you use tidy.

Our rules are not super strict. You can just live. We do ask you to take into account the customs in the Netherlands. For example, if you have a party, it is customary in the Netherlands that you do not cause any noise nuisance after 12 noon. It is also customary to park your car or bicycle in the designated place.

The house rules are in the house.

How do I get to work?

If you are a labor migrant, you will live as close to your workplace as possible. You will receive a bicycle as standard. If you live further from your workplace, you will receive a car or an electric bicycle.

What about certification?

We have three certifications: NEN 4400-1, SNF. And we are affiliated with the NBBU.

  • NEN 4400-1 is a certification from the Labor Standards Foundation (SNA). This foundation checks us for correct payments to the tax authorities and payments to employees.
  • SNF stands for Stichting Normering Flexwonen. This foundation checks whether our accommodation complies with Dutch rules.
  • The NBBU is one of two temporary employment agencies in the Netherlands. This association represents our interests as a broadcaster. The NBBU is a partner in the collective labor agreement consultation.

Who are the people behind Lean?